Best Cooling Pillow For Night Sweats
Suffering from insomnia? Sleeping in your usual, comfortable position is of no use anymore? Maybe the hot weather makes it impossible for you to stop spending sleepless nights?
All these problems can be solved with the help of one simple thing – pillows. However simple it sounds, in its essence the purchase of the right pillow requires some background knowledge about the features it should possess in order to meet your expectations.
There are different types of pillows available on the market nowadays and choosing the right one might be a painstaking task. However, if you know what you need and know how to choose one, then you will surely be able to find the best fit for you. Sleeping on a low quality pillow might result in a number of health issues such as:
- Neck pain
- Shoulder and arm numbness
- Utter discomfort
If you have such and other health issues and sleep on a wrong pillow, then these problems will become worse hence be sure to choose one that is comfortable enough to ensure your safe and sound sleep. For that exact reason below we will introduce you to the most important features and types of pillows to help you buy the best pillows and have a healthy sleep.
Types of Pillows: Best Cooling Pillows
If you live in a country with hot or humid climate then you probably face the problem of sleepless nights because of high temperature and sweating. So, instead of installing expensive air conditioning systems we strongly recommend you to buy cooling pillows, the latest innovations in science and technology. They are the best solution to your sleeping disorders during hot nights and they will ensure a calm, healthy and sound sleep.
Choosing of a cooling pillow should be done carefully though. It should come with orthopedic support and be comfortable for both your neck and head. Cooling pillows contain a filling of small beads that are meant for absorbing the heat, leaving the part of the pillow that is in contact with your face cool.
There are different types of cooling pillows that have varying techniques and materials. In order for you to be able to choose the best cooling pillow here is a list of best cooling pillows reviews where you can find the highest quality brands of cooling pillows with minute details as well as get acquainted with the types of cooling pillows.
It’s important to mention the highly-innovative and comfortable memory foam pillows. First of let’s understand the concept of memory foam. To put it in a nutshell, memory foam is a specific kind of material which is sensitive to temperature and pressure. The latter cause the memory foam to form its shape and mold according to the conditions they provide.
Due to the foam, a mold is formed around the shape of your head, neck, shoulders, ears and any other part of body which the foam is in contact with. As the most widely used type of foam should be mentioned polyurethane, or viscoelastic foam. Another type comprises in it a portion of gel and this type of memory foam pillow is comparatively more expensive. Among its effective features should be mentioned the ability to provide less heat retention resulting in a cooler sleep. Assuming from the above mentioned, we can also classify certain types of memory foam pillows into the subgroups of cooling pillows.
Cooling memory foam pillows combine both comfort from the aspect of style and the body position and of course, they are pillows that stay cool. So, they, despite being a bit more expensive, would be a great choice for those who have lost their sleep because of hot weather.
Memory foam pillows come in a variety of shapes and styles and the selection between them is a matter of individual needs and demands. Check out some of the commonly known styles of memory foam pillows below:
- Contour: This would be a great choice with people with neck pain and those who sleep on their back.
- Shredded: This type of memory foam pillow would be good for all sleeping positions. They comprise a great number of small shreds of foam pieces (hence the name) as a filling thus resulting in a more breathable nature of the pillow and reducing the unpleasant feeling of heat.
- Wedge: Shaped like a giant triangle with a slope, this memory foam pillow is good for people with respiratory problems, acid reflux or sinus issues. Wedge pillows create great comfort for pregnant women as well.
- Traditional: You can also buy traditionally shaped memory foam pillows and retaining the old-school style of pillows get the advantageous features of memory foam.
Memory foam pillows are:
- Painkillers: They will help you release yourself from neck, shoulder and back pain.
- Hypoallergenic: If you have some kind of allergy, or suffer from asthma, then due to the special properties of the foam, the above mentioned issues will bother you less frequently.
- Hygienic: They are machine washable and easy to clean. However, read the instructions before putting them into the washer.
There are some other types of pillows too which are to be mentioned here:
- Latex: Being the most solid type of pillow, latex pillows resist mold and dust mites and will also support your neck and back.
- Wool/Cotton: These are anti-allergic pillows and like the previous one will be able to resist mold and dust mites, but again are not that soft.
- Down/Feather: These pillows are soft and enable you to move the stuffing and position it according to your needs.
How to Choose the Best Pillows For Night Sweats
In order to choose the best cooling pillows, as well as other types of pillows and in order for them to be the best fit for you one of the main things that you are required to take into consideration before making a purchase is the position you sleep in. Of course, people sleep in different positions, but there is one that dominates. If you are not sure about it, then we advise you to spend some nights so as to find out your dominating sleeping position.
Note: For that purpose, simply try all the positions, and if you stay on one position without getting tired for over an hour or two, then that is your position. Also keep in mind the position you wake up in.
Here is what you need to know depending on the type of your sleeping position:
- Back Sleeper: If you sleep on your back, then thinner pillows are what you need. They won’t let your head to be thrown too far forward.
- Side Sleeper: If you are sleeping on either of your sides, then you would need a firmer pillow, one that will fill in the space between your ear and outside shoulder.
- Stomach Sleeper: In case of you being a stomach sleeper, then we recommend you to find a pillow that is thin and flat. Mostly, this position might not even require a pillow under the head, but make sure to have one under your stomach, to prevent you from lower back pain.
To sum up, in order to buy the best cooling pillow for yourself and ensure a comfortable and healthy sleep, here are some features you need to consider before your purchase, regardless of the type of pillow:
- Comfort: Try out the pillow before buying. Comfort is what you should look for in any kind of pillow because no matter how many innovative features it might have, if it is not the right one for you, then it won’t work out well.
- Breathability: Make sure you don’t feel too warm and don’t sweat at nights. Pillows are to contribute to sound sleep and not insomnia. Check out the quality air flow in your pillow.
- Easy Care: Some pillows are machine washable; some are not washable at all. Make sure the pillow you choose is washable, especially if you are allergic.
- Removable Cover: Here is another thing from the cleaning aspect. Removing your pillow cover and washing it is utterly comfortable and hygienic.
- Warranty: Make sure your pillow comes with a minimum of 30 up to 90 days warranty.
Probably, you have already decided which type of pillow you prefer. All you need is to follow our instructions and go for purchase of the best cooling pillows. Say “no” to insomnia by buying the cooling pillows that will meet your needs and contribute to your healthy sleep!