Do you find store-bought body sprays filled with chemicals and synthetic fragrances off-putting? You’re not alone. Increasingly, people are looking for natural and DIY alternatives for their body care routine. One such option is making your own body spray using essential oils. In this practical guide, you’ll learn how to make body spray with essential oils and discover five essential oil body spray recipes to suit different needs and moods. Plus, we’ve included some handy tips for crafting your sprays and where to find the perfect body spray bottles for your DIY project.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click one of them, I may receive compensation at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclaimer for more information.
Table of Contents
How to Make Body Spray with Essential Oils
Making DIY body spray is simpler than you might think. The essential ingredients are water, witch hazel, and your chosen essential oils. Simply follow these steps:
1. Fill a body spray bottle halfway with distilled water.
2. Add witch hazel to fill the remaining half of the bottle.
3. Add 15-20 drops of essential oils.
4. Shake the bottle to mix the ingredients well.
That’s it! You’ve just learned the basic method on how to make body spray with essential oils. Now, let’s dive into some essential oil body spray recipes that you can try at home.
5 Essential Oil Body Spray Recipes You Can Try
Energizing Citrus Spray
Calming Lavender Spray
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 5 drops of chamomile essential oil
- 5 drops of vetiver essential oil
Fresh Minty Spray
- 10 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- 5 drops of spearmint essential oil
Romantic Rose Spray
- 10 drops of rose essential oil
- 5 drops of jasmine essential oil
- 5 drops of ylang-ylang essential oil
Earthy Woodsy Spray
- 10 drops of cedarwood essential oil
- 5 drops of sandalwood essential oil
- 5 drops of patchouli essential oil
Tips for Making DIY Body Sprays with Essential Oils
- Always shake the bottle before use to ensure the oils are well-mixed. – Conduct a patch test before applying a new essential oil body spray recipe to avoid skin irritation.
- Use glass body spray bottles as essential oils can degrade plastic over time.
- The Benefits and Natural Qualities of Essential Oil Body Sprays
Creating your own DIY body spray offers several advantages. Firstly, essential oils have natural antibacterial and antifungal properties that can help to keep you smelling fresh. Secondly, different oils offer different therapeutic effects, from energizing to calming, which can enhance your overall well-being.
Where to Buy Body Spray Bottles for Your DIY Project
Ready to get started? You’ll need a body spray bottle for your DIY body spray. Many health stores and online retailers offer glass spray bottles specifically designed for essential oil use. If you’re looking for a reliable and high-quality option, check out this bottle that we recommend. Make sure you choose one that comes with a fine mist sprayer for the best application.
For those of you who would like to further explore the world of DIY fragrances, you may want to check out this article for more recipes or learn how to use essential oils to create perfume sprays.