PiperWai Natural Deodorant
An all-natural deodorant that uses activated charcoal and 11 essential oils, PiperWai also offers a subscription service and discount.Check The Price
The more I use natural deodorant, the more I start to wonder why anyone would go back from organic to chemically-filled products. I’ve tested enough deodorant to form an overall opinion on their efficiency, and it surprises me to see that we don’t actually need aluminum and all the other chemicals that are found on the shelf.
PiperWai is a natural deodorant that caught my attention because it uses activated charcoal as a main ingredient, but also 11 other essential oils with really good skincare benefits. I expected to get a product that stains clothes and is quite greasy. Instead…
An In-Depth Look at PiperWai Natural Deodorant
PiperWai is a brand of natural deodorant that promises to eliminate the questionable ingredients found in most store-bought products. Their formula combines 11 different essential oils and other ingredients that promise to deliver the best results.
The reasons why a deodorant such as PiperWai is an option worth considering is because the therapeutic and health benefits of the ingredients it’s made of have already been approved by the medical world. That means you’re not buying a product made from false promises.
Using activated charcoal as one of the main ingredients, PiperWai is the kind of product that invested in showing people that relying on organic cosmetics and skin care product is what the future is all about. What follows is my own two cents about the experience shared with their product.
- Available as stick and jar deodorant.
- Made with natural ingredients.
- Moisturizes skin.
- Repels foul odor.
- Can subscribe for delivery.
- International shipping available.
- Unisex deodorant.
- Jar deodorant is more difficult to apply.
Features & Benefits
I wanted to point out that the PiperWai natural deodorant comes in two different versions. This is important because each of them has a different consistency, as well as a different method of application.
The stick version works pretty much like every other deodorant of its kind: you just remove the cap and apply the deodorant on your skin. This is the version I ordered and tested myself, and I prefer it over the jar version for many different reasons.
First off, I’ve never been a fan of deodorants in a jar. The method of application requires you to stick your hands in the actual deodorant and then pass it on your skin. This gets your hands dirty, making deodorant application more difficult if you are, let’s say, in the car.
I like taking my deodorant with me, so ease of application is very important to me. If this matters to you as well, you might want to consider purchasing the stick deodorant, like I did.
Another reason why I prefer the stick applicator is because there’s more product in it compared to the jar. The stick has 2.7 oz worth of product, while the jar has 2 oz. That means that the stick deodorant will last longer, even if it’s a bit more expensive compared to its jar counterpart.
Natural deodorant will always be the better choice because of the ingredients found inside the product. Even so, paying attention to the ingredients inside a natural deodorant may be important if you have sensitive skin. You should never rule out the possibility of being allergic to something natural. Remember that there are people allergic to flowers.
That being said, let me tell you what you can expect to find in PiperWai’s natural deodorant:
- The main ingredient is activated charcoal. This is a fine black powder with a lot of medical benefits, and it’s even used to treat problems such as high cholesterol. That’s why it is considered one of the best natural treatments of today. As far as deodorant is concerned, activated charcoal is an ingredient that can actively capture moisture and trap smells that prevent you from throwing your shirt in the washing machine at the end of the day.
- Coconut oil is another main ingredient of this deodorant, and one that also has many beneficial properties. It’s a natural antioxidant, has plenty of vitamin E, and has for a long time been used as a skin moisturizer. It has a very pleasant scent and is considered to be one of the best fatty acids.
- PiperWai deodorant also contains shea butter, rich in vitamins A and E, and also a great fatty acid. You may have heard of shea butter before, as it’s quite a common ingredient in the cosmetics industry, particularly used to make body creams. That’s because it’s believed to have anti-aging properties and keep the skin young and elastic.
- Bergamot oil is quite popular in aromatherapy and has soothing applications. It’s often used as an ingredient in massage oils, but also in shampoo and facial scrubs. It’s quite efficient when used as an acne treatment, because it has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It’s great for sensitive skin, as it also has analgesic and soothing properties.
- Clary sage is used to make another great essential oil, which helps reduce stress and acts as a natural antidepressant. It makes sense for clary sage to be an ingredient in natural deodorants because it has antibacterial properties and is used to treat skin infections. It can fight off the bacteria that reside under your armpits, and also has antiseptic properties.
- Clove leaf is another natural ingredient that keep bacteria away, and it’s quite a common ingredient used in toothpaste. It has anti-inflammatory properties, a very pleasant smell, and makes for one fine deodorant ingredient.
- Lavender will always be my go-to scent, because I am absolutely in love with how many uses lavender oil has. Take it from me, if you’re out BBQing at night and the mosquitoes are out to get you, rub a few drops of lavender oil on your skin and it will keep the nasty buzzers away. That being said, lavender is also one of the ingredients in PiperWai’s natural deodorant. Lavender is often used to treat burns and wounds, because it has antiseptic and antifungal properties. On top of all that, it smells amazing.
- Mandarin is a citrus fruit that’s used to make one of the most delicious-smelling essential oils on the market. Its antiseptic properties are beneficial for treating wounds, it can keep the skin refreshed and smelling amazing, but also helps with skin decongestion and improves skin texture.
I’m often reluctant about writing this part of the review, particularly when dealing with a product that is so reliant on personal preferences and tastes. It’s much easier to review an electronic gadget, or maybe a new phone, then to talk about deodorant.
So, I’m going to leave aside subjective parts, like how I feel about the scent of the deodorant and talk about the efficiency and easy of application. However, I want you to keep in mind that even the efficiency of a deodorant is a subjective aspect, because our bodies and reactions to a certain product are different, so just because the PiperWai deodorant is good for me, doesn’t make this true for every other person.
That being said, I’m a fan of this product because I like the ingredients inside it. I mean, none of them are just randomly thrown into the combination, and the fact that each ingredient has a medical and skin-care justification makes me feel I’ve spent my money wisely. Personal note: I love mandarin as an ingredient (I also use a natural mandarin and bergamot body shower soap), so I would have loved to feel its scent even more.
Personally, I like the stick applicator better than the jar version because I can reapply the deodorant while I’m not at home, without the need to wash my hands afterwards. However, I have read about customers who feel that the jar deodorant is more efficient, in the sense that it lasts longer and fights body odor better, which is pretty weird considering that both of these versions have the same ingredients.
Last year, I used a jar-type of natural deodorant (from another brand, not PiperWai) which didn’t really work for me. The deodorant was very hard, so I had to jam my finger into the jar, grab a bunch of it, and then wait for my fingers to warm it because it was impossible to apply. That being said, not a fan or deodorant in a jar.
I also liked the fact that, despite it having so many essential oils, the product did not leave my armpits greasy. This is particularly good news for people with oily skin, and even better news for those who hate the idea of greasy and sweaty summer armpits.
For me, the effect of the PiperWai lasted for about 10 hours straight, but I’m also the kind of person that sweats a lot and always carries deodorant around. I don’t normally give my deodorant a chance to be inefficient because I’m always ready to freshen up and apply more whenever I feel my armpits are “threatened” by foul odor or to prevent sweat.
Orders & Subscriptions
If you’re really happy with this deodorant and want to make it your main choice for many months to come, you have to option of subscribing through a recurring order. This means that the product will automatically be delivered to your doorstep every two months, without having to manually order it over and over again.
This is a great way for you to get one extra load off you mind and enjoy the deodorant being delivered to you at a discounted price. That’s because PiperWai offers a 15 percent discount on every initial and recurring order.
The two-month delivery option is the default one, but you can change this anytime. You can opt for the new deodorant to be delivered every other six weeks, if you want. To change the delivery schedule, you will have to navigate to your subscription account.
The PiperWai natural deodorant is available for purchase directly on their website, but can also be found at third party online retailers as well. Before placing your order, you should know that the product only ships on weekdays, so if you make a purchase Friday afternoon, your order will be processed the next business day.
All orders are accompanied by a tracking number, which I find interesting because it’s quite a nice perk to have when you’re ordering such an inexpensive product. You can track your order at all times, so you’ll know when your deodorant arrives.
Those of you that order in the US can expect to have your order shipped from the company’s fulfillment center in Brooklyn. If you order more than six deodorants in a single batch, your package will be sent via UPS or FedEx Ground.
PiperWai also accepts international orders, which will be delivered via DHL Global or UPS. On a general note, it takes about one to three business days to ship just about every order, regardless of the quantity.
For US orders, you can expect to receive your deodorant in about three to ten business days, depending on your proximity to the fulfillment center. International orders can take anywhere in between three and six weeks to deliver.
A lot of customers were happy to report that the PiperWai natural deodorant does a good job in repelling body odor. What I found interesting is that people claim that the jar version is much more efficient compared to the stick version. This particular claim comes from people who have tried both versions of this deodorant and were happier with the results of the jar one.
But what’s more important is that customers are happy with how the product cover sweat odor. Some people have said that even after intense workouts, they armpits would still smell fresh, despite them sweating a lot while exercising.
As far as the fragrance of the PiperWai natural deodorant is concerned, some people are not happy with the fact that this doesn’t come in multiple scent options. Some customers have described the deodorant as having a “marijuana” scent when coming in contact with the body’s natural smell, but when it comes to such a subjective issue, people will always have divided opinions. There are people out there who probably hate the way your favorite perfume smells.
Ease of Use
Things are a little more complicated at this chapter, and here’s why. Since PiperWai is made with only natural ingredients, there can be plenty of product variations. The storage temperature of the product can also make it creamier or harder. Some customers even had to mix the deodorant with some more coconut oil in order to be able to apply it. My advice? Stick with the stick applicator, you can’t go wrong.
PiperWai is the kind of natural deodorant that draws you to a love-hate kind of relationship. There is no in between, you are going to be either extremely satisfied, or harshly disappointed. For the convenient price and the mix of natural ingredients, it’s definitely something that you should try. I loved the fact that each ingredient plays an active role in the overall usability of the product.
However, I do advise you to order this deodorant only from trusted websites, because a lot of people have been scammed into buying from shady third-party sellers and received a cheaper and inefficient version. It would be a shame to rule out PiperWai by using something other than the original, which is actually quite an awesome deodorant. So, if you’re looking where to buy, you can trust BetterMindBodySoul for starters.